South Africa and England will clash against each other at New Lands, Capetown. We will cover SA vs ENG 1st T20I Dream11 Prediction, Probable Playing XI, and Fantasy Cricket tips.
South Africa will host England for the three matches T20I series at New Lands, Capetown.
The head to head record between both the teams suggests England being the favorites to win the series. However, any side at their home is a formidable opponent.
South Africa has many issues to address in their upcoming series and will also look to take their revenge against England, who had beaten them in the three-match T20I series earlier this year.
The good news for South Africa is that their pace duo Kagiso Rabada and Anrich Nortje are in a red hot form and were among the top wicket-takers in the 2020 IPL season and will look to continue that for their national side.
- Quinton De Kock, along with Janneman Malan, will open the innings for the team.
- Temba Bavuma will bat at no.3 and will be followed by Faf Du Plessis and Rassie van der Dussen to handle the middle order.
- David Miller will do the finishing duties for the team in the lower middle order.
- Tabraiz Shamsi is expected to be the only spinner for the team who will lead the spin attack.
- Kagiso Rabada and Anrich Nortje, Lungi Ngidi, and Lutho Sipamla will be leading the pace attack.
England has played a lot more international cricket post the lockdown than South Africa and will start as favorites.
The squad looks incredibly strong on paper, with much explosive power in their batting lineup consisting of players like Jason Roy, Jos Buttler, Morgan, and a few more.
The bowling lineup, too, consists of Quality players like Jofra Archer, who is currently one of the best in the world and could be a threat to the South African top order and was in great form in the IPL 2020 season. Chris Jordan and Tom Curran are also crucial bowlers for the team.
- Jos Buttler, along with Jason Roy, will open the innings for the team.
- David Malan will bat at no.3 and be followed by Jonny Bairstow and Ben Stokes, who will handle the middle order.
- Eoin Morgan and Sam Curran will do the finishing duties for the team in the lower middle order.
- Adil Rashid is expected to be the only spinner for the team who will lead the spin attack.
- Jofra Archer, along with Chris Jordan, Mark Wood, Ben Stokes, and Sam Curran, will be leading the pace attack.
SA vs ENG, 1st T20I Match, England tour of South Africa 2020.
New Lands, Capetown.
9:30 PM, 27th November 2020.
Average 1st innings score: 175
Average 2nd innings score: 160
The pitch at New Lands is expected to support both the batsmen and bowlers with a bit of assistance for the spinners. The pitch could become challenging to bat in the 2nd innings, but a score between 170-180 can be expected by the team batting first.
SA vs ENG Dream11 Team News
- They will miss their quality all-rounder Dwaine Pretorius who is ruled out of the series with a hamstring injury.
- The team could play with two spinners considering the pitch conditions of the ground.
- They will have to take a final call on whether to play with two spinners or one.
- Either Sam Curran or Moen Ali will play.
Probable Playing XI
South Africa :
Quinton de Kock(C & wk), Janneman Malan, Temba Bavuma, Faf du Plessis, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Anrich Nortje, Kagiso Rabada, Lutho Sipamla, Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi.
Jos Buttler (wk), Jason Roy, Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Eoin Morgan(C), Sam Curran, Chris Jordan, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood.
Top picks for SA vs ENG Dream11 Prediction
Quinton De Kock:
(44 M, 1226 R, 31.44 A)
He is one of the best white-ball openers globally and is a very attacking batsman who likes to go all guns blazing in the power play. Quinton de Kock is very good Captain choice in ENG vs SA Dream11 Team.
(5 M, 199 R, 49.75 A)
He is a Right-hand batsman. Temba Bavuma played 5 T20I matches so far and scored 199 runs.
Faf Du Plessis:
(47 M, 1407 R, 34.32 A)
Faf is one of the most experienced batsmen in the South African lineup and is a very technically sound player and can help the team from collapsing in the middle overs.
(24 M, 88 O, 30 W)
One of the best white-ball bowlers in the world currently, and seeing his form in the recent IPL 2020 season, he is a must-have pick in your fantasy sides.
(3 M, 11 O, 2 W)
Nortje is known for his pace and is one of the most consistent bowlers in the South African domestic circuit and the IPL. Though he does not have a lot of international experience but is still a vital bowler for the team.
(71 M, 1455 R, 28.53 A)
One of the most aggressive openers in the world and must have a player in your fantasy sides. Though his recent form in the IPL was not that good, he still is a player to watch out for.
(16 M, 682 Runs, 48.71 A)
He is a Left-hand batsman. D Malan played 16 T20Is and scored 682 runs with an average of 48.71 runs.
(36 M, 866 R, 24.06 A)
He is also one of the explosive batsmen from the team who can go big from ball one. Roy has been tremendous for the team in recent years and would hope to continue his form for the team in this series.
(94 M, 2240 R, 30.27 A)
The skipper is one of the most experienced players from the squad and is a top pick for the match who could smash the bowlers in the middle overs.
(26 M, 306 R, 17.94 A + 64 O, 14 W)
One of the best all-rounders in the world and is a must-have player in your fantasy sides and is also a great captaincy choice who would bowl in the middle overs and bat in the team’s middle order.
(4 M, 21 O, 5 W)
Archer is known for his yorkers and his death bowling and is a crucial player for the team. Archer was outstanding in the recent IPL 2020 season and is a must-have player in your squad.
(52 M, 180 O, 63 W)
He is a Right-arm fast-medium bowler. Chris Jordon played 51 T20I matches and took 63 wickets.
SA vs ENG Dream11 Prediction
The final Dream11 team will be updated on Cricgram Telegram ⇒ Subscribe Now.
Captain and Vice-captain
- Quinton de Kock
- Jos Buttler
- Ben Stokes
- Kagiso Rabada
- Jofra Archer
We will update the final Fantasy Team on Telegram Channel.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.