SKN vs TKR Dream11 Team Prediction, Preview: 1st T20 | Dwayne Bravo injured
It’s the best time of the year as Carribean Premier League 2019 begins tomorrow. Expect a lot of hard-hitting entertainment in this month-long cricket carnival. The defending champions Trinbago Knight Riders will take on the St. Kitts and Nevis Patriots in the tournament opener. We will provide SKN vs TKR Dream11 Team Prediction, Preview and Probable Playing XI for the match.
Three-time champions Trinbago Knight Riders are the most successful team of Caribbean Premier League. They have retained the services of Dwayne Bravo, Keiron Pollard, Sunil Narine, Colin Munro, Darren Bravo, Ali Khan and have a well-balanced squad. However, they got a significant setback due to injury to their skipper Dwayne Bravo. In his absence, Kieron Pollard will lead the side. Sunil Narine and Jimmy Neesham are other star all-rounders who can be potential match-winners for them. They will hope to open their account defeating St Kitts and Nevis Patriots in the opening encounter of CPL 2019.
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots ended third on the points table in CPL 2018 and will be eager to claim the trophy this year. They also have a strong squad led by T20 specialist Carlos Brathwaite. The onus will be on Evin Lewis and Mohammad Hafeez to lead the batting while Carlos Brathwaite, Fabian Allen, and Rayad Emrit will hope to contribute in both the departments. Also, Sheldon Cottrell and Usama Mir will ensure to provide crucial breakthroughs to the team. They will expect to give a tough challenge to mighty Trinbago Knight Riders and get some early momentum going ahead in the league.
When and Where:
SKN vs TKR, 1st Match, Caribbean Premier League 2019.
Queen’s Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad.
04:30 AM, 05th September 2019.
Average 1st innings score: 152
Average 2nd innings score: 140
A batsmen friendly surface can be expected along with support for pace bowlers.
Batting first won: 15
The batting second won: 16
Mohammad Hafeez, Rayad Emrit, Isuru Udana, Devon Thomas, Laurie Evans, Carlos Brathwaite (c), Evin Lewis, Sheldon Cottrell, Fabian Allen, Keron Cottoy, Usama Mir, Shamarh Brooks, Jeremiah Louis, Afif Hossain, Dominic Drakes, Akeem Jordan, Aaron Jones, Jason Mohammed, Ravi Bopara.
Dwayne Bravo, Denesh Ramdin, Kieron Pollard (c), Darren Bravo, Sunil Narine, Seekkuge Prasanna, Colin Munro, Akeal Hosein, James Neesham, Javon Searles, Mark Deyal, Anderson Phillip, Ali Khan, Amir Jangoo, Khary Pierre, Tion Webster, Mohammad Hasnain.
St Kitts and Nevis Patriots:
- They retained Evin Lewis, Carlos Brathwaite and Sheldon Cottrell in their squad.
- Alzarri Joseph replaces Isuru Udana (national duty) in the squad.
- Laurie Evans and Ravi Bopara are not available due to their stint in T20 blast.
- Jason Mohammad and Kjorn Ottley come into Patriots squad as Cover for Aaron Jones. Jones will be playing for the USA until 14 September.
- Devon Thomas and Evin Lewis can open the innings. Mohammad Hafeez and Jason Mohammad will handle the middle order.
- Carlos Brathwaite, Fabian Allen, and R Emrit will play the role of all-rounders. Sheldon Cottrell can also do late hitting for the team.
- R Emrit, Sheldon Cottrell, Alzarri Joseph, Usama Mir, and Carlos Brathwaite will handle the pace battery. Fabian Allen and Mohammad Hafeez will be the key spinners.
Trinbago Knight Riders:
- Unfortunately, Skipper Dwayne Bravo has been ruled out of the initial phase of the tournament due to injury, and Keiron Pollard will lead the team in his absence.
- Colin Munro will not be available for the first three encounters, and Lendl Simmons has been declared as his replacement.
- Darren Bravo also suffered a concussion in the last test against India and is unlikely to feature tomorrow. Either of Mark Deyal or Tion Webster will play in his absence. Chances of Deyal are more.
- Sunil Narine and Lendl Simmons will open the innings. Denesh Ramdin, James Neesham, Kieron Pollard and Seekkuge Prasanna will follow them.
- Sunil Narine, James Neesham, Kieron Pollard, and Seekkuge Prasanna will play the role of all-rounders.
- Seekkuge Prasanna, K Pierre, and Sunil Narine will form their brilliant spin attack.
- Ali Khan, Mohammad Hasnain, James Neesham and Kieron Pollard will be the key Pacers along with Anderson Philip or Javon Searles.
Probable Playing XI:
Devon Thomas (wk), Evin Lewis, Mohammad Hafeez, Jason Mohammad, S Brooks, Carlos Brathwaite (c), Fabian Allen, R Emrit, Sheldon Cottrell, Alzarri Joseph/Akeem Jordan, Usama Mir.
Sunil Narine, Lendl Simmons, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Mark Deyal/Tion Webster, James Neesham, Kieron Pollard (c), Seekkuge Prasanna, Anderson Philip/Javon Searles, K Pierre, Ali Khan, Mohammad Hasnain.
Key Players for SKN vs TKR Dream11:
Primary Options: Devon Thomas and Dinesh Ramdin.
Devon Thomas will be a must-pick in TKR vs SKN Dream11 team as he will open the innings and can play attacking knocks.
Dinesh Ramdin is an experienced campaigner but has not performed well in recent times, and his batting position is also not fixed.
Batsmen for TKR vs SLN Dream11 Team:
Primary Options: Keiron Pollard, Evin Lewis, L Simmons
Keiron Pollard is in excellent form and performed well in IPL, Canada T20 league and T20 series against India. He will lead the side and hope to score plenty of runs.
Evin Lewis is a destructive opener and finally looked in good touch against India in ODI series. He will be the essential batsmen for St Kitts and Nevis Patriots.
Lendl Simmons is an attacking opener and has the potential to play big knocks. He can be the best option for captain in grand leagues.
All-rounders for TKR vs SKN Dream11 Prediction:
Primary Options: Sunil Narine, Jimmy Neesham, M Hafeez, Carlos Brathwaite
Sunil Narine can be a match-winner in either of the departments. His recent form with the bat is poor.
J Neesham is one of the best all-rounders in world cricket currently and will be a must pick in TKR vs SKN Dream11 team.
M Hafeez is an experienced all-rounder. He can play the spin attack of Knight Riders in a better manner.
Skipper Carlos Brathwaite is also in good form. He can bowl in death overs and do late hitting for the team.
Other Options: S Prasanna
Seekkuge Prasanna is a spin all-rounder from Sri Lanka and is an average performer.
Bowlers for St Kitts and Nevis Patriots vs Trinbago Knight Riders Dream11:
Primary Options: Sheldon Cottrell, Rayad Emrit, Ali Khan, K Pierre, M Hasnain
Sheldon Cottrell gave a glimpse of his talent to the world in WC’19 and is an excellent pacer. He can be lethal in initial overs.
Rayad Emrit performed brilliantly in Canada T20 league and is a good all-rounder.
USA Pacer Ali Khan is a good bowler of T20 format and can be a good option in the bowling category.
Khary Pierre is a talented spinner and performed exceptionally well in CPL 2018. He can perform well in the second innings when pitch slows down.
Pakistani Pacer M Hasnain is a hit-the-deck bowler and can trouble batsmen with his pace and bounce.
Other Options: A Joseph, Usama Mir
Alzarri Joseph returns after a long injury. He performed well for Mumbai Indians in IPL’19 taking six scalps in a single match.
Usama Mir is a good pacer from Pakistan and can be a grand league pick in TKR vs SKN Dream11 team.
SKN vs TKR Dream11 Prediction:
Sunil Narine (C)
Mohammad Hafeez (Vc)
Carlos Brathwaite/Kieron Pollard
Khary Pierre/Ali Khan
Captain and Vc Choices: Sunil Narine, Jimmy Neesham, Keiron Pollard, Evin Lewis, M Hafeez, Carlos Brathwaite, S Cottrell.