Manimaran Siddharth (born Jul 03, 1998) is an Indian Cricketer who plays for Tamil Nadu in Domestic Career Cricket and plays for Delhi Capitals in the IPL.
|Date of Birth
|Jul 03, 1998
|Manimaran Siddharth Age
|Chennai, Tamil Nadu
|Right Handed Bat
|Physical Stats & More
|Manimaran Siddharth Height (approx)
5’ 7” Inches
Lyca Kovai Kings, Chepauk Super Gillies, Tamil Nadu, Kolkata Knight Riders, Delhi Capitals
Karnataka vs Tamil Nadu at Dindigul on December 09, 2019.
List A Debut:
Punjab vs Tamil Nadu at Indore on February 20, 2021.
Mumbai vs Tamil Nadu at Surat – November 22, 2019.
|Career Turning Point
|His performance in the 2019-20 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy earned him an IPL contract with Kolkata Knight Riders and can be regarded as his career turning point.
|Chettinad Vidyashram, Don Bosco High School, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
|Father: Name not known
Mother: Anitha Manimaran
Brother: Bharath Manimaran
|Traveling, Practicing Cricket.
Manimaran Siddharth Domestic Career
Manimaran Siddharth is a slow left-arm orthodox bowler from Tamil Nadu who has been brilliant for his team in the T20 format in the domestic circuit.
Siddharth has played just 6 T20 games at the domestic level so far and picked up 16 wickets with his brilliant bowling. He made his T20 debut in the 2019-20 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy against Mumbai on November 22, 2019. The youngster picked up 4 big wickets on his debut in the form of Shreyas Iyer, Prithvi Shaw, Surya Kumar Yadav, and Siddhesh Lad and played a crucial role in Tamil Nadu’s victory by 9 wickets.
In the next game, he continued his brilliant form and picked up a four-wicket haul against Jharkhand and ended his spell with the figures of 4/18.
The Tamil Nadu lad then also made his first-class debut a year later in the 2019-20 Ranji Trophy against Karnataka. He performed brilliantly in the longest format as well and picked 3 wickets on his debut. The left-arm spinner has picked up 10 wickets from his 4 first-class games so far.
In 2021, he also represented Tamil Nadu in the List A format in the 2020-21 Vijay Hazare Trophy. Manimaran Siddharth made his List A debut against Punjab on February 20, 2021. Unfortunately, he went wicketless on his debut. Siddharth has 3 wickets to his name from 2 games.
He has also shown his worth by performing consistently in the Tamil Nadu Premier League (TNPL).
Manimaran Siddharth IPL Career
The Tamil Nadu lad was snapped by the Kolkata Knight Riders in 2020 after his impressive performance in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy and TNPL for his base price of INR 20 lakhs.
He did not play any game that season and was also released the next season. Siddharth was picked by the Delhi Capitals in the 2021 IPL auction for his base price of 20 lakhs. He is yet to make his debut in the IPL but would have definitely learned a lot from the senior bunch of players.
Lesser-Known Facts about Manimaran Siddharth
- Siddharth’s father was a professional cricketer who has also played in the Hong Kong Super Sixes in Jakarta.
- He started his cricket career as a fast bowler but did not have enough power to bowl fast and then shifted to a spinner on his coach’s advice.
- The youngster picked up 4 big wickets on his T20 debut in the form of Shreyas Iyer, Prithvi Shaw, Surya Kumar Yadav, and Siddhesh Lad.
- He was also part of the Tamil Nadu Squad which won the 2021 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
- Siddharth played a big part in the Final of the 2020-21 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy where he picked up four wickets and ended his spell with the figures of 4/20.
- He was picked up by the Kolkata Knight Riders for the 2020 IPL season and was picked up by the Delhi Capitals for the 2021 IPL season.