ODI Records: One Day Internationals (ODIs) hold a special place in the hearts of cricket fans around the world. Since the inception of the format in the early 1970s, Many records made by Players in ODI, Which is impossible to break.
And In today’s article, We will discussed about the most remarkable historical ODI records of all time So if you’re also interested in Knowing this, then you can read this article till the End. So Let’s Know About “ODI Records – Most Runs, Most Wickets, Most Sixes and Fastest Century”
|ODI Historical Records
|AB de Villiers (31 Balls)
|Fastest Double Century
|Ishan Kishan (126 Balls)
|First double century in ODI
|Sachin Tendulkar (2010)
|Two Times Fastest Century
|Jos Buttler, Shahid Afridi
|Highest Individual Score in ODI
|Rohit Sharma (264)
|ODI Most Runs Scorers
|Sachin Tendulkar (18,426 runs)
|ODI Highest Partnership
|Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene
|ODI Most Centuries
|Sachin Tendulkar (49 Centuries)
|ODI Fastest Fifty
|AB de Villiers (16 Balls)
|ODI Most Sixes
|Shahid Afridi (351 Sixes)
|Most number of Hat-trick Wickets in ODI
|Highest wicket-taker in ODI
|Muttiah Muralitharan (534 Wickets)
|Most Ducks in ODI
|Most Successful Captain in ODI
|Ricky Ponting (71.74% Win Percentage)
|Youngest Player to Score an ODI Hundred
|Shahid Afridi (16 Years 217 Days)
|Fastest 50 in ODI World Cup
|Brendon McCullum (18 Balls)
|Fastest 100 wickets in ODI
|Sandeep Lamichhane (42 Innings)
|Fastest 1000 Runs in ODI
|Fakhar Zaman (18 Innings)
|Most Hundreds as Captain in ODI
|Ricky Ponting (22 hundreds)
|Most Number of Double Centuries in ODI Cricket
|Rohit Sharma (3 double centuries)
|Largest Margin of Victory in ODI Cricket
|India vs Sri Lanka (317 runs)
|Most ODI World Cup Winner Team
|Australia (5 Times)
Highest Individual Score in ODI
Rohit Sharma’s name reverberates when we speak of ODI records, and it’s no different when it comes to the highest individual score. In 2014, playing against Sri Lanka, the Rohit smashed an astonishing 264 runs in just 147 deliveries. and he became the first batsman to breach the mythical 264-run mark in ODI cricket.
ODI Fastest Century
AB de Villiers, known for his explosive batting, etched his name in ODI history with the fastest century in the format. In 2015, during a match against the West Indies, de Villiers reached three figures in a mere 31 balls. His breathtaking innings included 16 sixes and 9 boundaries, leaving spectators in awe of his extraordinary ability to dominate the bowlers.
ODI Most Runs Scorers
Sachin Tendulkar’s records continue to pile up when we look at the most runs scored in ODIs. With an illustrious career spanning 24 years, Tendulkar amassed a staggering 18,426 runs in 463 ODI matches. His consistency, elegant stroke play, and hunger for runs established him as the leading run-scorer in ODI history.
ODI Highest Partnership
In 2006, two Sri Lankan stalwarts, Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene, combined their talents to create an unbeaten partnership of 624 runs against a hapless Zimbabwean bowling attack. Their record-breaking stand not only surpassed the previous highest partnership of 468 runs but also remains the highest partnership in any form of international cricket.
ODI Most Centuries
Sachin Tendulkar, fondly known as the “Master Blaster,” is considered one of the greatest cricketers of all time, And he has taken the art of scoring centuries to new heights. And Sachin has scored 49 centuries in ODI cricket in 463 ODI matches at an average of 44.83.
ODI Fastest Fifty
Playing against West Indiesin 2015, AB de Villiers unleashed a whirlwind of strokes to bring up the fastest fifty in ODI history. In a stunning display of power-hitting, Buttler reached fifty off just 16 balls, propelling Indies to an imposing total. His ability to clear the boundary with ease and innovate shots has cemented his reputation as one of the most destructive batsmen in the limited-overs format.
ODI Most Sixes
When it comes to hitting maximums, the name Shahid Afridi stands out. Known as the “Boom Boom,” Afridi has sent the ball sailing over the boundary ropes a record 351 times in his ODI career. His brute strength and fearless approach make him a nightmare for bowlers, and his penchant for clearing the boundary has entertained fans across the globe.
ODI Fastest Bowling Hat-trick
In 2007, Australian speedster Brett Lee etched his name in ODI record books by claiming a hat-trick against Bangladesh in just 14 balls. Lee’s raw pace and ability to generate late swing left the Bangladeshi
- South African player AB de Villiers holds the record for the fastest century in the history of ODI cricket so far and he did this feat in the year 2015 while playing against the West Indies.
- The record for the highest score in a single inning in ODI cricket is in the name of Indian captain Rohit Sharma who scored 264 against Sri Lanka in 2014.
- Indian captain Rohit Sharma also holds the record for scoring the most number of double centuries in ODIs and he has scored three double centuries in the history of ODIs so far.
- The record of scoring the fastest century twice in the history of ODIs is in the name of former Pakistan all-rounder cricket player Shahid Afridi, who scored the fastest ODI century in just 37 balls in the year 1996 and in just 45 balls against India in the year 2005.
- Apart from all this, the record of scoring the fastest double century in the history of ODI is in the name of Indian batsman Ishan Kishan, who scored a double century in just 126 balls while playing against the Bangladesh team in the year 2022.
- Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar has scored the most runs in ODIs with a total of 18,426 Runs in 434 ODI matches.
- Sri Lankan spinner Muttiah Muralitharan is the highest ODI wicket-taker with a total of 534 wickets.