Hobart Hurricanes and Sydney Sixers will clash against each other in the 1st match of Big Bash League at Bellerive Oval, Hobart. We will cover HUR vs SIX Dream11 Prediction, Probable Playing XI, and Fantasy Cricket Tips.
The 2020-21 Season of the much-awaited Big Bash League (BBL) is set to begin on Thursday. The Defending champions Sydney Sixers will take on the Hobart Hurricanes in the season opener.
Daniel Hughes will captain the Sixers in the absence of Moises Henriques who has been picked to play for Australia A for a three-day practice game against India in Sydney.
On the other hand, the Hurricanes will miss their regular skipper Matthew Wade who is essential for Australia’s Test group and will be occupied with playing against India in the Test series beginning from December 17. Peter Handscomb, the newcomer for this season for the Hurricanes has been given the captaincy in Wade’s absence.
- D’Arcy Short and Caleb Jewell will open the innings for the team.
- Colin Ingram will bat at no.3 and will be followed by Peter Handscomb in the middle order.
- Will Jacks, along with James Faulkner, will do the finishing duties for the team in the lower middle order.
- Johan Botha, along with Will Jacks, will be key spinners for the team.
- James Faulkner, along with Riley Meredith, Scott Boland and Nathan Ellis will be leading the pace attack.
- Josh Philippe and James Vince will open the innings for the team.
- Daniel Hughes will bat at no.3 and will be followed by Jordan Silk and Jack Edwards/Justin Avendano in the middle order.
- Carlos Brathwaite, along with Dan Christian, will do the finishing duties for the team in the lower middle order.
- Stephen O’Keefe, along with Lloyd Pope, will be key spinners for the team.
- Ben Dwarshius, along with Gurinder Sandhu and Carlos Brathwaite will be leading the pace attack.
HUR vs SIX, 1st Match, BBL 2020.
Bellerive Oval, Hobart.
1:45 PM, 10th December 2020.
Average 1st innings score: 183
Average 2nd innings score: 170
The pitch at the Bellerive Oval was a batting paradise last year and will be no different this year. As it is the start of summer in Australia the pitches are expected to be flat. A high scoring season opener is expected on the 10th.
The pitch as nothing for the bowlers but still the pacers can use their variations and be vital in the death overs. The team winning the toss is expected to bat first and will try to get a big total.
HUR vs SIX Dream11 Team News
- Their key player and skipper Matthew Wade will not be available for the match due to national duties.
- Ben McDermott will also miss the game as he as been called up as cover for Will Pucovski in Australia A squad.
- Moises Henriques will not be part of this game as he will play in the warm-up game against India for Australia A.
- Nathan Lyon has also made himself unavailable for this game.
Probable Playing XI
D’Arcy Short, Caleb Jewell, Colin Ingram, Peter Handscomb (C & WK), Will Jacks, James Faulkner, Mac Wright, Riley Meredith, Johan Botha, Nathan Ellis, Scott Boland.
Josh Philippe (WK), James Vince, Daniel Hughes (C), Jordan Silk, Justin Avendano/Jack Edwards, Daniel Christian, Carlos Brathwaite, Ben Dwarshius, Stephen O’Keefe, Gurinder Sandhu, Lloyd Pope.
Top picks for HUR vs SIX Dream11 Prediction
(43 M, 1764 R, 46.42 A + 78 O, 21 W)
He is one of the best openers in the Australian domestic circuit and always performs with consistency in the BBL. Though in his recent games against India he did not look fluid with the bat.
(84 M, 1318 R, 24 A )
He is an attacking player with the bat and also expected to keep behind the stumps and is a must-have player in your fantasy sides.
(65 M, 576 R, 24 A+ 205 O, 72 W)
One of the best all-rounder in BBL history with a lot of experience and can be vital for his team and is a player who cannot be missed in your fantasy sides.
(25 M, 610 R, 30.50 A)
He is one of the experienced players in the T20 format and also has played a lot of cricket in the BBL. He is a technically strong batsman and likes to play attacking cricket and is another good pick for the game.
(21 M, 75 O, 27 W)
He is Right-arm fast-medium bowler, Meredith played 21 matches and took 27 wickets in BBL.
(32 M, 798 R, 33.25 A)
Josh is an attacking batsman who will open the innings for his team and has been outstanding in the BBL and has also played few IPL games recently and is another top pick for the match.
(29 M, 741 R, 28.50 A)
Vince is another good player to watch out for who will open the innings and has a batting average of 29 in T20 cricket.
(64 M, 1458 R, 28.59 A)
Hughes has a lot of experience in Australian domestic cricket and is a solid batsman who will bat at No. 3 for his team and has a batting average of 28 in T20 cricket.
(87 M, 1435 R, 22.78 A + 218 O, 65 W)
He is a all-rounder. Christian played 87 matches and scored 1435 runs and took 65 wickets.
He is known for his hard-hitting skills in the death overs and is also a handy bowler with the ball and can provide fantasy points with both bat and bowl and is another top pick for the game.
(56 M, 185 O, 61 W)
He is Left Arm Fast-Medium bowler. Dwarshius played 56 matches and took 61 wickets.
HUR vs SIX Dream11 Prediction
The final Dream11 team will be updated on Telegram ⇒ Subscribe Now.
Captain and Vice-captain choices
- D’Arcy Short
- Josh Philippe
- D Christian
- James Vince
- James Faulkner
We will update the final Fantasy Team on Telegram Channel.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.