Contribution of Indian Cricket to Fight Coronavirus
Indian Cricketers donate to PMCARES Fund and Chief Minister Relief Fund To fight against the Coronavirus outbreak also, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced that it will donate a sum of Rs 51 crore to the PM’s CARES Fund to contribute in the government’s effort to fight against the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19).
In these times of pain and suffering, kindness is the only thing that can help the world heal. It is rightly said, “United we stand, divided we fall.”
We must always be willing to render support to those who need it. Not everyday one gets a chance to do something big for others, and our dear Indian Cricket Team has graciously grabbed this opportunity of contributing to the welfare of the nation. The generous cricketers are wholeheartedly helping the nation in the fight against the deadly CoronaVirus.
Beginning with the legend of cricket, none other than Master Blaster- Sachin Tendulkar. Sachin has come forth to contribute his share in this strenuous fight against coronavirus. He has always been a very generous human being, which is why he is being madly loved by lakhs of people all over the world. Sachin has nicely showered back his love for the people of the nation by donating a big amount of rupees 50 lakhs, 25 lakhs each towards the PM CARES Fund and Chief Minister Relief Fund.
Lok Sabha MP Gautam Gambhir has been an integral part of political operations running in the capital of the nation. The former captain of the Indian cricket team has time and again done his bit to enhance the comfort of residents of Delhi. The legend has once again proved his love for the people by donating INR 50 Lakhs towards the relief funds. The former Captain of Indian Cricket Team, Saurav Ganguly also donated rupees 50 lakhs.
The Pathan brothers– Irfan and Yusuf have also played their part by promoting sanitization. They have distributed 4,000 face masks to the needy people. The captain of the Indian cricket team and everyone’s favourite Virat Kohli, together with his actress wife Anushka Sharma has donated a significant fraction for the welfare of the people. The couple has decided to not reveal the amount of their contribution. Similarly, Cricketer Shikhar Dhawan has also chosen to conceal the fraction of his tribute.
Striking batsman Suresh Raina has too vowed to contribute INR 52 lakh towards the fight against Corona which includes INR 31Lakhs to PM-CARES Fund and INR 21 Lakhs to UP CM Relief Fund. Ace Batsman Ajinkya Rahane also donated 10 lakhs to CM’s Relief Fund.
A gem of the Indian Cricket Team, Rohit Sharma also joined the cause by contributing INR 80 lakhs to help the nation bear the storm of COVID-19. He distributed the amount amongst 3 major welfare organizations- INR 45 lakh to PM-CARES Fund, INR 25 Lakh to CM Relief Fund and the rest 5 lakhs towards Feeding India and for the Welfare of Stray Dogs.
We need our country back on feet & the onus is on us. I’ve done my bit to donate 45lakhs to #PMCaresFunds, 25lakhs to #CMReliefFund Maharashtra, 5lakhs to @FeedingIndia and 5lakhs to #WelfareOfStrayDogs.Let’s get behind our leaders and support them @narendramodi @CMOMaharashtra
— Rohit Sharma (@ImRo45) March 31, 2020
Indian cricketers donation to fight coronavirus
Here is the list of Indian Cricketers donation to fight against Coronavirus:
- Sachin Tendulkar – INR 50 lacs – PM Relief Fund and CM Relief Fund.
- Gautam Gambhir – INR 50 lacs – PM Relief Fund.
- Saurav Ganguly – INR 50 lacs -PM-CARES FUND.
- Rohit Sharma – INR 80 lacs – INR 45 lakh to PM-CARES Fund, INR 25 Lakh to CM.
- Relief Fund and the rest 5 lakhs towards Feeding India and for the Welfare of Stray Dogs.
- Suresh Raina – INR 52 lacs- INR 31Lakhs to PM-CARES Fund and INR 21 Lakhs to UP CM Relief Fund.
- Ajinkya Rahane – INR 10 lacs- CM’s Relief Fund.
- Irfan Pathan and Yusuf Pathan- 4000 face masks.
- M.S.Dhoni – INR 1 lac (Mukul Madhav Foundation) and details unknown to PMCARES Fund & CM Relief fund.
- Virat Kohli – details unrevealed.
- Shikhar Dhawan – details unknown.
- Laxmi Ratan Shukla – 3 months salary – PM Relief Fund.
The Women’s Cricket Team is no way behind, the team’s ODI Captain Mithali Raj has also provided INR 10 lakhs to the relief funds supporting the nation. She has partly contributed an amount of 5 lakhs to the CM funds of the Telangana government.
Another star of the Women’s team Deepti Sharma contributed INR 50,000 to fight the emergency in the state of West Bengal. Additionally, she distributed some fraction to the PM Relief Fund and UP Relief Fund. All-rounder Laxmi Ratan Shukla also contributed by bestowing her three months’ salary for the welfare of the people.
Women’s Cricketers contribution to fighting against Coronavirus
- Deepti Sharma – INR 50,000 – West Bengal Emergency Fund, PM Relief, and UP Relief Fund.
- Mithali Raj – INR 10 lacs – PM Relief and CM Telangana Relief Fund.
BCCI has also charitably come forward and startled the nation, especially the cricket fans by contributing a massive amount of rupees 51 Crores to the PM Relief Fund for the battle against COVID-19.
Apart from it, other state cricket associations have also joined hands to support the nation in this time of crisis. The list includes :
- Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) – INR 51 Crores – PM CARES Fund.
- Maharashtra Cricket Association – INR 50 Lakh.
- Karnataka State Cricket Association – INR 50 lakhs to the PM Relief Fund and 50 lakh to the CM Relief Fund.
- Cricket Association Of Bengal – INR 25 lakhs.
- Saurashtra Cricket Association – 42 lakhs, 21 lakhs each to the PM Relief Fund and CM Relief Fund.