[table id=32 /]
The right-arm fast bowler is the son of the former CEO of Cricket Australia, James Sutherland. Will Sutherland completed his education from Scotch College. His family is full of sports enthusiasts. Sutherland’s mother, Heidi, is also the director of AFL Victoria.
Will’s two years younger sister Anabelle Sutherland is also a rising star in the game of cricket. His younger brother Tom also plays at the cricket club Eastern Malvern.
– The middle-order batsman was appointed as Vice-Captain of Australia’s squad for the 2018 U-19 Cricket World Cup.
– At the 2018 Cricket Victoria awards ceremony, Will was honored by Commonwealth Bank Future Star Award.
– The Victorian state team and Renegades offered him a rookie contract for BBL 07.
– Will Sutherland gave an excellent performance at the U-18 National Championship for Vic Metro in June 2017.
– Sutherland became the youngest Victorian to play at JLT One-Day Cup.
Lesser-known facts about Will Sutherland
- When life landed the dual-sport prodigy into the most significant dilemma, the wise man chose cricket over AFL (Australian Rules Football).
- He suffered an “incomplete” stress fracture on the left side of his back, which gave his career a halt.
- The Victorian teenager wishes to pursue a commerce course at the University of Melbourne.