Ripel Vinubhai Patel (born 28 September 1995) is an Indian Cricketer who plays for Gujarat in Domestic Cricket and plays Delhi Capitals in the IPL.
|Full Name||Ripel Vinubhai Patel|
|Nickname||Ripel Vinubhai Patel|
|Date of Birth||28 September 1995|
|Ripel Patel Age||27 years|
|Birth Place||Nadiad, Gujarat, India|
|Playing Role||Batting all-rounder|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm fast-medium|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Ripel Patel Height (approx)||172 cm|
5’ 8” Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Teams||Gujarat, Delhi Capitals|
|Debut||List A Debut:|
Gujarat vs Bengal at Jaipur on September 24, 2019
Saurashtra vs Gujarat at Surat on November 11, 2019
|Career Turning Point||After smashing almost 14 sixes in the T20 format for his state team Gujarat earned him an IPL contract with Delhi Capitals and can be considered his career turning point.|
|Jersey Number||28 (IPL)|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Family||Father – Vinubhai Patel|
Mother – Name not known
Siblings – Not Known
|Hobbies||Working out in Gym|
|Favourite Cricketers||Sachin Tendulkar, Mitchell Starc|
Ripel Patel is an emerging batting all-rounder from Gujarat. He is known for his big-hitting skills. Patel has not played any first-class game in his career so far. He made his List-A debut for Gujarat on September 24, 2019, against Bengal. The right-arm batsman scored just nine runs on his debut after losing his wicket to Bengal pacer Ashok Dinda. He has a decent record in List-A cricket. Patel has scored 111 runs from his eight innings so far at an ordinary average of 13.87.
Talking about his T20 stats, Ripel Patel made his T20 Debut for Gujarat against Saurashtra on November 11, 2019, at Surat. It was not a remarkable debut for the youngster as he managed to score just 3 runs on his debut. He has so far scored 191 runs from his 9 innings at a brilliant strike rate of 189.
Ripel Patel made a name for himself after smashing 14 sixes for his state team Gujarat in the shortest format. The middle-order batsman is yet to score a fifty but his ability to smash the ball out of the park was enough for Delhi Capitals to give him an IPL contract in 2021.
After his impressive stint in the 2020-21 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, Patel was signed by Delhi Capitals for the 2021 IPL season for his base price of INR 20 lakhs.
The Nadiad-born all-rounder is yet to make his IPL debut for the franchise as the franchise has kept him as a backup for Power hitters like Shimron Hetmyer, Marcus Stoinis. His debut season would definitely be a great learning experience for the youngster.
Lesser Known Facts About Ripel Patel
- Ripel Patel started playing cricket with Tennis ball cricket and then joined an academy in Kheda District, Gujarat, and started playing professionally.
- He dreamed of becoming a cricketer from a very young age and also got support from his family.
- It was difficult for him to play cricket as he had very less sporting facilities in his hometown Nadiad
- Ripel Patel is yet to score a half-century in domestic cricket
- His Gujarat teammate Axar Patel helped him a lot to develop his skills to a new level
- The all-rounder failed to register himself in the 2020 IPL auction as he performed poorly in the domestic circuit
- He burst into the scene after scoring 30 runs in an over against Chhattisgarh in a T20 game.
- After his impressive stint in the 2020-21 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, Ripel Patel was signed by Delhi Capitals for the 2021 IPL season for his base price of INR 20 lakhs.