Suryakumar Yadav (born 14 September 1990) is an Indian Cricketer who plays for Mumbai in domestic cricket and Mumbai Indians in the IPL.
|Full Name||Suryakumar Ashok Yadav|
|Date of Birth||14 September 1990|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm offbreak|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||180 cm|
|Teams||Mumbai Indians, Mumbai, India A, Mumbai A, West Zone, Kolkata Knight Riders, India, Rajasthan Royals.|
|Debut||First Class: vs Delhi, 2010|
IPL: vs Pune Warriors 2012
|Records or Achievements||He scored a blistering double century against Orrisa in the 2011-12 Ranji Season.|
In the 2010-11 Season He scored more than 1000 runs at under 22 level.
In the 2011-12 Ranji Season he was the leading run scorer for Mumbai.
|Career Turning Point||Performance in 2011-12 Domestic Season|
|Jersey Number||77, 21, 212 (Domestic)|
|School||Atomic Energy Central School, Mumbai|
|College||Atomic Energy Junior College, Mumbai.|
Pillai College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Mumbai
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Commerce (B.com)|
|Family||Father: Ashok Yadav|
Mother: Swapna Yadav
|Hobbies||Gymming, Playing video games & guitar, Golfing,Watching football,Swimming.|
|Favourite Cricketers||Batsmens: Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Gautam Gambhir .|
Bowlers: Wasim Akram, Zaheer Khan.
|Favourite Food||Biryani, Chinese cuisine.|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Football Team(s)||Manchester City F.C., FC Barcelona|
Surya Kumar Yadav’s Domestic Career
He made his first-class debut against Delhi in the 2010-2011 Ranji Season. Suya had an excellent debut match as he was the top scorer for Mumbai in that match as he scored 73 runs in the first innings. In 2018 he was also selected in the India C team for the 2018-2019 Deodhar Trophy. In 2019, he was again named in the India C team for the 2019-2020 Deodhar trophy.
Suryakumar Yadav’s IPL career
After his consistent performances in the 2011-12 domestic season. Suryakumar Yadav was picked by Mumbai Indians for 2012 IPL season for about INR 10 lakhs. He did not get to play a single match in that season due to established players like Sachin Tendulkar, Rohit Sharma, and Kieron Pollard.
In the 2014 IPL season, he was picked by Kolkata Knight Riders in the 2014 IPL auctions as they were trying to build the squad focusing on young talent.
He came into the limelight in IPL 2015 when he hit a brilliant match-winning 20-ball 46, which even included five sixes – against Mumbai Indians at Eden Gardens, Kolkata.
Later on, Suryakumar Yadav was repurchased by five times title winners Mumbai Indians in the 2018 IPL player auction at the price of 3.2 Crores, which was expensive.
His consistent performances in the IPL are knocking on the Indian National side’s doors and are expected to represent the country soon.
Unknown facts about Suryakumar Yadav
- Surya Kumar Yadav hails from a middle-class family. His family saw his interest in cricket at a very early age and his potential in the sport.
- When he was 10, his father enrolled him in a cricket camp in the BARC colony in Chembur, where he started playing the sport professionally.
- At the age of 12, Surya’s coach H. S. Kamath saw his dedication towards the sport and kept him motivated for his future. He then went on to train at ELF Vengsarkar academy.
- Apart from cricket, Surya loves to play Musical Instruments and play different sports like Football and Swimming/Water sports.
- In IPL 2020, In a match against Royal Challengers Bangalore, Surya had a strong face-off against Virat Kohli and became immensely popular.