T Natarajan (born 27 May 1991) is an Indian Cricketer who plays for Tamil Nadu in domestic cricket and Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL.
|‘Mustafizur Rahman’ of Tamil Nadu
|Date of Birth
|27 May 1991
|Salem, Tamil Nadu (India)
|Left Handed Bat
|Physical Stats & More
5’ 9” Inch
|Tamil Nadu, Kings XI Punjab,
Dragons, Lyca Kovai Kings.
5 January 2015 (for Tamil Nadu) vs Bengal at Eden Gardens, Kolkata
List A Debut:
2018-19 Vijay Hazare Trophy
Kings XI Punjab vs Rising Pune Supergaints, on 08-04-2017 at Holkar Cricket Stadium
|Records/Achievements (main ones)
|Natarajan has two 4-wicket hauls to his name in the first-class cricket circuit
|Career Turning Point
|Natarajan’s impressive bowling figures in TNPL, especially in the death overs, made him a T-20 specialist overnight.
|Lakshmipathy Balaji (Former Indian Cricketer)
|Natarajan has two 4-wicket hauls to his name in the first-class cricket circuit.
|Father – Not Known
Mother – Not Known
Sister – 3
Brother – 1
|Virat Kholi, MS Dhoni, Dinesh Karthik.
|Favourite Movie Stars
|Vijay (South Indian Actor)
T Natarajan Domestic Career
He made his first-class debut for Tamil Nadu in the 2014-15 Ranji Season on 5 January 2015 at the Eden Gardens. He also made his T20 debut for Tamil Nadu in the 2016-17 Inter-State Tournament on 29 January 2017. He also made his List A debut for Tamil Nadu in the 2018-19 Vijay Hazare Trophy.
Natarajan’s impressive bowling figures in TNPL (Tamil Nadu Domestic League), especially in the death overs, made him a T-20 specialist overnight.
After Natarajan’s impressive bowling figures in TNPL, In February 2017, he was bought by the Kings XI Punjab for the 2017 Indian Premier League for a whopping sum of INR 3 crore.
In January 2018, he was bought by Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 2018 IPL auction. Natarajan did no play many games in the 2018 and 2019 IPL Season.
In the 2020 IPL Season Natarajan’s bowling figures look impressive both in the powerplay and in the death overs.
T Natarajan lesser-known facts
- Natarajan and his family weren’t financially good enough. His father used to work in a railway station as a porter, and his mother still runs a road-side snack stall. He is the eldest of five siblings and was always worried about taking caring of his family.
- Natarajan started with tennis-ball cricket as a hobby. However, one day a well-wisher from his village was impressed by the skill of Natarajan as a bowler and asked him to try his hand in local competitive cricket. Motivated by this Natarajan relocated to Chennai and joined a cricket club in the city.
- He first came into the limelight by his performance when he represented the team of BSNL in TNCA’s fourth division league. He later played 1st division cricket for Vijay Cricket Club for almost a year. Last, he played for Jolly Rovers.
- (a famous club which includes big names such as R Ashwin and M Vijay).
- After making his Ranji debut in 2015, Natarajan was reported for his suspect action and he thanks former Tamil Nadu players, Sunil Subramanian, D Vasu and M. Venkataramana, for helping him to rectify his suspect action.
- Natarajan first came into the scene when he represented Dindigul Dragons in the inaugural edition of Tamil Nadu Premier League (TNPL).
- In 2017, he was signed by the Kings XI Punjab for a whopping sum of INR 3 crore.