Avesh Khan(13 December 1996) is an Indian Cricketer who plays for Madhya Pradesh in Domestic Cricket and plays for Delhi Capitals in the IPL.
|Full Name||Avesh Khan|
|Date of Birth||13 December 1996|
|Birth Place||Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm fast-medium|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx)||180 cm|
5’ 11” Inch
|Eye Colour||Drak Brown|
|Teams||India U19, Madhya Pradesh, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Indian Board Presidents XI, Delhi Capitals, Board Presidents XI, India A, India Red, India C|
vs Railways on December 7, 2014, Delhi
List A Debut:
vs Mumbai on February 5, 2018, Chennai
India U-19 Debut:
vs New Zealand 30 January 2016, Dhaka, Bangladesh
vs Kerala, 11 January 2018
|Career Turning Point||Khan was the highest wicket-taker for India in the U-19 Cricket World Cup with 12 wickets under his belt which helped him to earn an IPL contract in 2017.|
|Jersey Number||17 (India U-19)|
|School||Advanced Academy, Indore|
|College||Renaissance College of Commerce and Management, Indore|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Family||Father- Ashique Khan (Financial Manager)|
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Asad Khan (Digital Market Analyst)
Sister- Not Known
|Favourite Cricketers||MS Dhoni|
Avesh Khan made his First-Class debut for his state Madhya Pradesh way back in the 2014-15 Ranji Trophy. He made his debut against Railways on December 7, 2014, in Delhi. Khan picked up two crucial wickets in the first innings of the match and had a decent outing. Khan was also the part of 2014 U-19 World cup which was held in Dubai. He played only 2 games in that tournament and picked up his maiden wicket.
He came back strong in the next U-19 World cup after an ordinary last world cup. Khan was the highest wicket-taker for India in that tournament with 12 wickets under his belt. After his impressive stint in U-19 cricket, he made his List A debut for Madhya Pradesh against Mumbai on February 5, 2018, at Chennai.
After his impressive domestic season, Khan was picked up by the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the 2017 IPL player auction for his base price of INR 10 lakh. He also made his debut for the franchise on May 14, 2017, against Delhi Capitals at Delhi the following season he was traded to Delhi Capitals for 75 lakhs and is an integral part of the pace attack in Delhi Capitals currently. Avesh has currently played 10 matches so far and has picked up 7 wickets at an economy of 9.47. Khan is known for pace and is a player to look out for in the future.
Unknown Facts about Avesh Khan
- Avesh Khan’s father used to play cricket at the local level and hence, Avesh Khan started playing cricket at a very young age under his guidance
- His father used to run a Paan Shop in India but now is a financial manager in a reputed company.
- Khan joined the Indore Colts Cricket Club (ICCC) at a very young age of 14.
- He made his First-Class debut for his state Madhya Pradesh way back in the 2014-15 Ranji Trophy. He made his debut against Railways on December 7 2014 in Delhi where he picked up 2 crucial wickets in the first innings.
- Avesh Khan was picked up by the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the 2017 IPL player auction for his base price of INR 10 lakh. He also made his debut for the franchise on May 14, 2017, and was later traded to Delhi Capitals for INR 75 lakhs.
- Khan picked up 2 crucial wickets in his first match of the 2021 IPL season where he bowled out the former Indian skipper MS Dhoni.