Chetan Sakariya (born 28 February 1998) is an Indian cricketer who plays for Saurashtra in Domestic Cricket and plays for the Delhi Capitals team in the IPL since 2022.
|Date of Birth
|28 February 1998
|Bhavnagar, Gujarat, India
|Left Handed Bat
|Physical Stats & More
5’ 7” Inches
|Saurashtra, Sorath Lions, Rajasthan Royals
|First Class Debut
Gujarat vs Saurashtra at Nadiad on November 20, 2018
List A Debut:
Baroda vs Saurashtra at Delhi on February 22, 2018
Saurashtra vs Railways at Indore on February 21, 2019
Rajasthan Royals vs Punjab Kings on Apr 12, 2021
|Career Turning Point
|His selection in the Indian Premier League and his performance in IPL 2021 can be regarded as his Career Turning Point.
|Father: Kanji Sakariya (Tempo Driver)
Mother: Varsha Sakariya
Brother: Rahul Sakariya
Sister: Jignasha Sakariya
|Batsman- Yuvraj Singh
Bowlers- Junaid Khan, Irfan Pathan, Zaheer Khan
Chetan Sakaria biography: Sakaria, who belongs to a very poor Gujarati family, was born on 28 February 1998 in Bhavnagar city of Gujarat. He is primarily known for playing domestic cricket for the Saurashtra team and IPL cricket. He was selected for the first time in IPL in the year 2021 with 1.2 crore rupees. And currently, in the year 2022, he is part of the Delhi Capitals team.
Chetan Sakariya Family
On the other hand, if we talk about Chetan’s family, then his father’s name is Kanji Sakariya, who was a tempo driver and who died in the year 2021 due to the Kovid-19 epidemic.
An His mother’s name is Varsha Sakariya, who is a housewife, apart from this his brother’s name is Rahul Sakariya while his sister’s name is Jignasha Sakariya.
Chetan Sakariya Education
He completed his early schooling at Government School in Bhavnagar, and after that, he studied up to 12th from High School in Bhavnagar.
Chetan Sakariya’s cricket coach
Sakariya has taken all his cricket education from his cricket coach Rajendra Gohil, and his cricket coach has contributed a lot in making him such a great Indian cricketer.
Chetan Sakariya’s ways of Playing Cricket
Chetan plays as a cricket bowler in his team and his bowling style is left-arm fast-medium and is especially known for bowling in middle overs. And Chetan sakariya bowling speed is 130–135 km/h.
Chetan Sakariya’s Cricket Career
Sakariya started playing cricket professionally at the age of 19, and he played his first domestic match on February 22, 2018, and after that, he got selected for the Indian Premier League in the year 2021 at the age of 22.
List A debut
Sakariya made his List A debut against Baroda on February 22, 2018. He picked up two crucial wickets of Krunal Pandya and Kedar Devdhar on his debut but was also expensive with the ball.
Later on, he also made his first-class debut against Gujarat in the same year. He made his debut match special by picking up a five-wicket in the first innings with figures of 5/83. He totally picked up 6 wickets in his debut first-class match.
In February 2019, Sakariya represented Saurashtra in the shortest format of cricket. And he made his debut against Railways and picked up one wicket in his 4-over spell.
Chetan Sakariya IPL debut & Career
Sakariya’s Journey to the big stage is no less than a fairytale. Sakariya’s condition was very weak financially and also his younger brother had committed suicide just before IPL 2021. He was picked up by Rajasthan Royals at the IPL 2021 player auction for a whopping price of INR 1.2 crores.
He made his IPL debut against Punjab Kings on April 12, 2021. It was an unforgettable night for the youngster as he picked up 3 wickets on his debut. With his impressive performances in his first game, he also cemented his place on the team. He has picked up 7 wickets in his 7th IPL matches of IPL 20221.
Chetan Sakariya IPL 2022 Prices
And after that, he has released by the Rajasthan Royals team in the year 2022, And then, he has included in the Delhi capital team with his base price of 50 lakhs. And he is a part of the DC team in the season of IPL 2022.
|chetan sakariya 2022 ipl team
Lesser-Known Facts about Chetan Sakariya
- Sakariya wanted to be a batsman while growing up but eventually diverted his interest and became a swing bowler.
- He used to play and train by himself till the age of 16 and played tennis ball cricket.
- Sakariya’s father wanted him to become an engineer and he also completed his 12th grade in Science.
- He was the sole earner for his family. His father was a Tempo driver and was also ill. At one stage, he was unable to afford his cricket expenses.
- His family did not even have a TV set at their home. They used to go to their neighbors home to watch him play in domestic career.
- Sakariya suffered a serious injury on his back and was out of action for nearly a year.
- He was picked up by Rajasthan Royals at the IPL 2021 player auction for a whopping price of INR 1.2 crores.
- His younger brother has lost his life by committing suicide just before the start of IPL 2021.
- Chetan Sakariya was part of Royal Challengers Bangalore as a Net bowler and traveled with the team for IPL 2020 which was played in UAE.
- His father had lost his life due to Covid-19 in 2021 and it was a very tough time for the youngster.